Good day everyone, thanks to be here on Alessandro III di Macedonia! A couple of weeks ago was published something very interesting:
An Epic novel of the Decline and Death of Alexander the Great
(The Ptolemaios Saga #4)
by Alexander Geiger
Publisher: Ptolemaios Publishing & Entertainment
What price immortality? Three of the Persian capitals have fallen to the pan-Hellenic army – Babylon, Susa, and Persepolis. Only Ecbatana remains.The author is a history buff who has always wished he could travel back in time to visit some of his favorite historical figures, places, and events. The entire Ptolemaios Saga is an account of one such extended trip, intended to witness the dawn of the Hellenistic world. The men and women who lived, strived, fought, and loved during this seminal age didn’t know their ideas, exploits, and accomplishments would reverberate all the way to the present day but, boy oh boy, did they leave a mark. Imagine being able to see, through the eyes of Ptolemaios Metoikos – who was actually there – all the adventures, sights, and colorful figures of that vibrant, memorable, and thrilling era. It’s the author’s hope that you will enjoy the ride.
Emperor Darius III is holed up in Ecbatana with his court, desperately clinging to his crown. But will Alexander – King of Macedonia, Pharaoh of Egypt, and would-be Emperor of Persia – give Darius enough breathing space to rebuild his forces? For that matter, will his own satraps, generals, and courtiers let the thrice-beaten Emperor keep breathing at all?
Alexander is relentless in his pursuit of Darius. But, with victory within his grasp, he grows increasingly more intoxicated – by strong drink, absolute power, and intimations of divinity. The deeper he plunges into the darkest recesses of Central Asia, the more divorced he seems to become from reality.
His friends and commanders – Ptolemaios, Parmenio, Hephaestion, Perdiccas, Cleitus, Philotas – try desperately to save him. But can anyone stand in the way of Alexander’s rendezvous with destiny?
By the age of thirty-three, Alexander is the unquestioned ruler of the greatest empire on Earth; he has traveled farther and seen more than any human before him; he’s undefeated on the battlefield; and he’s deathly ill. He has achieved immortality but at what cost? Read Book 4 of the Ptolemaios Saga to find out.
In real life, the author is a graduate of Princeton University and Cornell Law School and a retired commercial litigator. He lives with his wife in in Bucks County, PA.
Publisher: Ptolemaios Publishing & Entertainment, LLC (September 11, 2021)
Paperback: 514 pages
Item Weight: 1.17 pounds – 531 gr.
Dimensions: 5.25 x 1.16 x 8 inches – 13,34 x 2,95 x 20,32 cm
$17.95 (Amazon.com) – 15,81 € (Amazon.it)
Publisher: Ptolemaios Publishing & Entertainment, LLC; 1st edition (September 10, 2021)
Publication date: September 10, 2021
File size: 2281 KB
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced typesetting: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Word Wise: Enabled
Print length: 426 pages
Lending: Not Enabled
$8.99 (Amazon.com) – 7,61 € (Amazon.it) or free with Kindle Unlimited
Immortal Alexandros is the 4th book of The Ptolemaios Saga which will continue with book 5 Funeral Games coming out soon! You can buy it on your Amazon in paperback or kindle edition!
- Prime Directive – Book One of the Ptolemaios Saga. An Epic Novel of the Rise of Alexander the Great. A split-second decision saves the life of a young boy – and changes the course of history…
- Flood Tide – Book Two of the Ptolemaios Saga. An Epic Novel of the Greek Invasion of Persia. Emperor Darius of Persia, king of kings, lord of many, Ahura Mazda’s representative on Earth and keeper of his flame, commands the greatest army the world has ever seen. But can he hold back the tide of history?
- Conquest of Persia – Book Three of the Ptolemaios Saga. An Epic Novel of the Triumph of Alexander the Great. A seemingly hopeless quest for glory turns into a life-and-death struggle for empire.
- Immortal Alexandros – Book Four of the Ptolemaios Saga. An Epic Novel of the Decline and Death of Alexander the Great. What price immortality? Three of the Persian capitals have fallen to the pan-Hellenic army – Babylon, Susa, and Persepolis. Only Ecbatana remains.
- Funeral Games – Book Five of the Ptolemaios Saga. An Epic Novel of the Struggle to Succeed Alexander the Great. The great, charismatic, immortal leader is dead. Let the funeral games begin!
Do you believe me if I tell you that I’ve already bought this book (in paperback edition of course) even if I haven’t yet read the other three books of this series? Seeing is believing, here it is!
I freaking have to read this saga that promises to be well done and full of twists. The author on his website has also made available some extra content (Maps and Battles and extras about each book) that we can use in reading the saga. You too, if you don’t have it yet, you must read this saga!
Now my question is: the fifth volume of the saga will be released soon and for now we don’t have a date yet (I hope to be able to update you before the release so as to anticipate the news). BUT will Funeral Games be the last book of The Ptolemaios Saga or will there also be a sixth book? Stay up to date for more news!