Here’s the books I reviewed.
- CHILDREN BOOKS
- exhibition catalogs / museums
- Alexander the Great – Makers of History (Amazon Digital Services)
ASHLEY, James R.
- The Macedonian Empire: The Era of Warfare Under Philip II and Alexander the Great, 359-323 B.C. (McFarland Publishing)
- The Men Who Changed the Course of History. 2nd edition (Createspace Independent Publisher)
- Emulating Alexander: How Alexander the Great’s Legacy Fuelled Rome’s Wars With Persia (Pen & Sword)
BENNETT, Bob & ROBERTS, Mike
- The Wars of Alexander’s Successors 323-281 BC. Volume 1: Commanders and Campaigns (Pen & Sword)
- The Wars of Alexander’s Successors 323-281 BC. Volume 2: Battles and Tactics (Pen & Sword)
BILLOWS, Richard A.
- Before & After Alexander: The Legend and Legacy of Alexander the Great (Overlook Duckworth)
- Alexander the Great: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press)
- Olympias: Mother of Alexander the Great (Women of the Ancient World) (Routledge)
- Philip II and Alexander the Great: Father and Son, Lives and Afterlives (editor with Ogden, Daniel) (Oxford University Press)
- Alexander the Great: The Hunt For A New Past (Vintage Books)
- Responses to Oliver Stone’s Alexander: Film, History, and Cultural Studies (curator with: Greenland, Fiona Rose) (University of Wisconsin Press)
CHUGG, Andrew Michael
CHURCH, Alfred John
- A Young Macedonian in the Army of Alexander the Great: A Historical Fiction of Ancient Greece (Pantianos Classics)
CUMMINGS, Lewis V.
- Alexander the Great (Grove Press)
- The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins (Routledge)
DE VRIES, Manfred F. R. Kets
- Are Leaders Born or Are They Made? The Case of Alexander the Great – with Elisabet Engellau (Karnac, Routledge)
- The Army of Alexander the Great (Pen & Sword)
- The Seleukid Empire, 281-222 BC: War Within the Family (Classical Press of Wales)
FULLER, John Frederick Charles
- The Generalship Of Alexander The Great (Da Capo Press)
GRAINGER, John D.
- The Rise of the Seleukid Empire (323-223 BC) (Seleukid Empire #1) (Pen & Sword)
- In Search of the Lost Testament of Alexander the Great (Troubador Publishing)
- Unearthing the Family of Alexander the Great: The Remarkable Discovery of the Royal Tombs of Macedon (Pen & Sword)
- Alexander of Macedon, 356-323 B.C. – A Historical Biography (University of California Press)
- Alexander to Actium: The Historical Evolution of the Hellenistic Age (University of California Press)
- The Hellenistic Age: A Short History (The Modern Library)
- Ancient Macedonians in Greek and Roman Sources: From History to Historiography (editor with Pownall, Frances) (Classical Press of Wales)
İREN Kaan, KARAÖZ Çiçek, KASAR Özgün (editors)
- Persler – Anadolu’da Kudret ve Görkem / The Persians – Power and Glory In Anatolia (Yapi Kredi Yayinlari)
LANE FOX, Robin J.
- Brill’s Companion to Ancient Macedon. Studies in the Archaeology and History of Macedon, 650 BC – 300 AD (Editor) (Brill)
- The Making Of Alexander. The official guide to the epic film Alexander (R & L)
- The Rise of the Hellenistic Kingdoms 336-250 BC (Pen & Sword)
MOORE, Kenneth Royce (Editor)
NAIDEN, F. S.
- Soldier, Priest, and God: A Life of Alexander the Great (Oxford University Press)
- The Alexander Romance by Ps.-Callisthenes A Historical Commentary (Brill) – ITALIANO
- The Historiography of Alexander the Great (editor with Rollinger, Robert / Wiesehöfer, Josef / Wojciechowska, Agnieszka) (Classica et Orientalia 20) (Harrassowitz Verlag)
- Alexander the Great: Myth, Genesis and Sexuality (University of Exeter Press)
- Alexander Histories and Iranian Reflections: Remnants of Propaganda and Resistance (Brill)
ROGERS, Guy MacLean
- Alexander: The Ambiguity Of Greatness (Random House)
- Brill’s Companion to Alexander the Great (Editor) (Brill)
SAUNDERS, Nicholas J.
- Alexander’s Tomb: The Two Thousand Year Obsession to Find the Lost Conquerer (Basic Books)
- The Roman Alexander: Reading a Cultural Myth (University of Exeter Press)
STEPHENS, Susan A.
- Alexander the Great in the Middle Ages: Transcultural Perspectives (University of Toronto Press)
TARN, William Woodthorpe
- Alexander the Great: Volume 2, Sources and Studies (Cambridge University Press)
- The Hellenistic Age: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press)
- Imitatio Alexandri in the hellenistic art (L’Erma di Bretschneider)
- The Immortal Alexander the Great: The myth, the reality, his journey, his legacy (Nieuwe Kerk/Hermitage Amsterdam)
TSOURAS, Peter G.
- Alexander: Invincible King of Macedonia (Military Profiles) (Brassey’s, Inc)
- Alexander the Great: Man and God (Routledge)
- By the Spear: Philip II, Alexander the Great, and the Rise and Fall of the Macedonian Empire (Oxford University Press)
- Alexander the Great: Lessons from History’s Undefeated General (The World Generals Series) (Palgrave Macmillan)
ZUWIYYA, Z. David
- A Companion to Alexander Literature in the Middle Ages (Editor) (Brill)
- The Cursed Kingdom (Independently published)
- Prime Directive: An Epic Novel of the Rise of Alexander the Great (The Ptolemaios Saga #1) (Ptolemaios Publishing & Entertainment)
KOZAK, RUTH W.
- The Fields of Hades (Shadow of the Lion #2) (MediaAria CDM)
- The Road to Alexander (Time for Alexander Series #1) (Accent Press)
- Chants to Persephone (Time for Alexander Series #5) (Accent Press)
- The Soul of Time (Time for Alexander Series #6) (Accent Press)
- Before Eternity: An Historical Novel and Love Story About Alexander the Great and His Lover Hephaestion (Stefan Pride)
- Becoming (Dancing with the Lion #1) (Riptide Publishing)
- The Conqueror’s Wife: A Novel of Alexander the Great (New American Library)
Du GARDE PEACH, L.
- Alexander the Great: An adventure from history- Ladybird books (illustrations by John Kenney) (Wills & Hepworth Ltd)
- Alexander the Great and His Claim to Fame- Dead Famous (illustrations by Clive Goddard) (Scholastic Ltd)
WATERFIELD, Kathryn & Robin
- Who Was Alexander The Great? (Penguin)
- Alexander the Great: Master of the Ancient World. A Wicked History (Scholastic)
EXHIBITION CATALOGS / MUSEUMS
- The Greeks: Agamemnon to Alexander the Great (Canadian Museum of History)
- Heracles to Alexander the Great, Treasures from the Royal Capital of Macedon, a Hellenic Kingdom in the Age of Democracy (Ashmolean Museum)
- Macedonian Treasures: A tour through the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Kapon Editions)
- Alexander the Great: Treasures from an Epic Era of Hellenism (Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation USA)